Rock Rapids Municipal Utilities

Your Locally Owned Utility Provider of Natural Gas, Electricity, Water & Sewer in Rock Rapids, Iowa


Rock Rapids Municipal Utilities is the provider of all natural gas, electricity, water and sewer utilities in Rock Rapids, Iowa.  As a locally owned municipal company, we pride ourselves in offering our customer the best value for their dollar.  Our customers are our owners.

_Pic3Utility Signfacebook logo

Rock Rapids Municipal Utilities

General Manger:

James E. Hoye

310 S Third Avenue



Rock Rapids, IA  51246

Utility Board Members:

Dave Foltz, Chairman



Randy Koll

Phone:  (712) 472-2511


George Schneidermann

Fax:      (712) 472-2512


Rhonda Menning, Ex-Officio




Join snowcap to receive all current alerts 


from Rock Rapids Municipal Utilities.



Click here to “like” us on facebook.



Click here follow us on Twitter



Non-Discrimination Statement


 “This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.”


If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at”