Rock Rapids Municipal Utilities


Your Locally Owned Utility Provider of
Natural Gas, Electricity, Water & Sewer
in Rock Rapids, Iowa

Rock Rapids Municipal Utilities is the provider of all natural gas, electricity, water and sewer utilities in Rock Rapids, Iowa. As a locally owned municipal company, we pride ourselves in offering our customers the best value for their dollars. Our customers are our owners.
Water Restrictions
In Effect
Rock Rapids Municipal Utilities' customers are not to water lawns, gardens, trees and shrubs between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.

Any person found to be using city water in violation of this emergency will be charged twice the rate which would otherwise apply.

If anyone violates this resolution for the second or any subsequent time during the conservation emergency, their water service will be disconnected without further notice, in addition to the financial penalty described above.

Reconnection will occur during normal business hours after payment of the reconnection fee.

In addition to the watering restrictions, customers are urged to implement household water conservation practices in the bath, kitchen and laundry.

These restrictions will remain in effect until rescinded by the Board of Trustees.
Ongoing Water Advisory
Rock Rapids Municipal Utilities will be exercising the water main valves throughout the summer. We will be opening and closing the valves to maintain their functionality. This may again cause “dirty” water as built up silt in the lines is knocked loose during this process.   Be sure to check your water clarity before doing laundry.



310 S Third Ave.
Rock Rapids, IA 51246
Ph: (712) 472-2511
Fax: (712) 472-2512
Office Hours:
8:00 - 4:30
Closed Weekends & Holidays
"Like" us on
"Follow" us
on Twitter.
Join snowcap to receive all current alerts from RRMU.
Non-Discrimination Statement
"This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer."
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at”
utilities_2015001012.jpg utilities_2015001011.jpg utilities_2015001010.jpg utilities_2015001009.jpg utilities_2015001008.jpg utilities_2015001007.jpg utilities_2015001006.jpg utilities_2015001005.jpg utilities_2015001004.jpg utilities_2015001003.jpg utilities_2015001002.jpg utilities_2015001001.jpg